2011 Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival
Travel Information • do you need a visa? Click here • very important!
- There are direct scheduled flights from the UK (Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Manchester) to Gibraltar.
- Approximate flying times 2.5 hrs.
- Malaga in Spain is the nearest other airport hub with flights from most European cities.
- The transfer time by road to Gibraltar is approximately 90 minutes.
- Car hire is available at Malaga Airport. The organisers are offering a special transfer service from Malaga Airport.
- Buses will leave Malaga Airport for Gibraltar from 12.00hrs to 17.00hrs on 23rd and 24th January 2011, returning from Gibraltar to Malaga Airport on the morning of 4th February 2011, commencing at around 7am.The cost will be £30 per person return trip. If you wish to make use of this service, please contact Peter Purland at email@example.com with arrival times and flight numbers.
MALAGA TO LA LINEA BUS SERVICE
- There is a public bus service.
- The border is crossed at La Linea in Spain.
- Malaga Bus Station (+34) 952 350061 or Algeciras Bus Station (+34) 956 651055.
- Website www. andalucia.com/travel/bus/malaga.com
BUS SERVICES WITHIN GIBRALTAR
- The Gibraltar Government have kindly agreed to offer free transport on buses operated by The Gibraltar Bus Company (blue buses) within Gibraltar for accredited participants of the Chess Festival.
- The legal tender is the Gibraltar pound. UK pounds have exactly the same value and are equally welcome.
- Euros are widely accepted in all shops, restaurants and so on.
- No specific vaccinations are required for Gibraltar, Spain or North Africa.