2011 Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival
PASSPORTS AND VISAS - VERY IMPORTANT!
- When applying for a visa it is essential to start the process prior to 1 November 2010.
- Please read carefully.
- All EU Nationals may enter Gibraltar with a valid identity card or passport.
- Visas are required for visitors to Spain and/or Gibraltar from certain countries. Thus, for example, a Russian or African national, reaching Gibraltar from Spain requires two visas: a Shengen visa and a Gibraltar visa are necessary. If he were to travel via London, both a British and a Gibraltar visa would be required.
- Gibraltar visas can be obtained from the British Embassy/Consulate in your home country.
- Players with five-year entry visas to the UK do not require Gibraltar visas.
- It is much better to apply to the Embassy in one’s country of residence. Provided people enter in good time, assistance will be given as necessary, including a formal invitation.